The contestants on the popular Bravo television series, Millionaire Matchmaker have been stirring quite a buzz this week. It’s become difficult to determine what information is factual and what’s being said in an effort to “close the lid” on this story. Are the contestants really millionaires? Does Patti Stanger have a hidden agenda? Things are about to get real…
David Yontef continues to stir the pot with a response to an article I wrote last week – Millionaire Matchmaker Exposed. Furthermore, he pulled a copy/paste job by placing the exact same response on ScallywagAndVagabond.com earlier that afternoon. And the story sizzles on!
Please read David Yontef’s comments below:
My analysis of Mr. Yontef’s response indicates the following:
1) David’s words are not being “twisted” as there’s footage of him clearly stating information about the show. (i.e. specific contestants who are not millionaires, no screening process, etc.) The video clip is approximately one and a half minutes long, (not 15 seconds!) and can be viewed at GuestOfaGuest.com for verification purposes.
2) Yontef’s words didn’t seem like “speculation” during the interview. David claimed he doesn’t believe that Robin Kassner is a millionaire by “any stretch of the word”. Why comment on something (willingly) if it’s pure speculation? If you don’t have something nice to say, then don’t say anything at all.
3) Blogger’s taking “your words” and blowing them out of proportion? Seriously? If I’m guilty of calling David Yontef out on the blatant inconsistencies between the video interview with Guest of a Guest and his response to my article, so be it.
4) “How can anyone live in NYC who isnt a millionaire – whether it’s from owning their own business – or owning their own little studio in NYC?”
David Yontef should be ashamed of himself for saying that. There are millions of hardworking people living in NYC trying their best to make ends meet. I don’t think David Yontef has any idea how many people he’s just offended with that quote.
Wait, have I taken his words out of context again? Oops!
5) In an effort of fairness, (as David didn’t post a link to his page located at Bravo.com) readers can check out the David Yontef Blog at their leisure. Quoted in that entry Yontef states: “Do I always mean everything that comes out of my mouth? Hell no!” In addition to admitting personal flaws such as being judgmental, superficial, and critical, Yontef should consider adding “delusional” to that list.
Simply stated, I could have let David’s comments go but he opened himself to additional exposure by continuing to make false and inconsistent claims on my blog to cover his ass. I’m confused as to why he’s trying to handle his own damage control when there was really no damage done in the first place?
The story has now entered a confusing phase where one must carefully sift through the intentional distortions created by David Yontef from the hard facts presented in the videos provided by Guest of a Guest.
David Yontef’s comment – “how can people live in NYC and have UNDER $1 million dollars” is shallow, superficial, and should be questioned. In the words of Stephanie Tanner from Full House, “How Rude!”
David Yontef has some soul searching to do…
Tags: blog, bravo, bravo millionaire matchmaker, contestants, david, david yontef, david yontef blog, david yontef millionaire, david yontef millionaire matchmaker, guest of a guest, matchmaker, millionaire, millionaire matchmaker contestants, millionaire matchmaker fake, nyc, yontef